Booth Dispensers Ltd has fantastic opportunity for a dedicated and proactive IT Support Technician to its onsite IT department.
As an IT Support Technician, you will have a good understanding of Server & PC operating systems and be capable of fault finding IT problems from first principles. Working alongside management and hosting providers the support technician role will allow you to be the face of the department, providing 1st & 2nd Line Support for desktop and Mobile users. By having a ‘can do’ attitude and excellent communication skills, you provide technology support for onsite and offsite users. Your daily duties are focused upon supporting clients with IT Issues as well as working alongside the IT Manager on existing and new projects.
Job Type / Category
Monday to Friday 8am – 4.30pm
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Server, 2012, 2016
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10
- Microsoft Office/365
- Endpoint Security/Malware protection
- iOS & Android (configuration, Setup, troubleshoot)
- Active Directory
- Group policies.
- Domain management.
- General network skills.
- Update and create documentation.
- Configuration of hardware & software
- General networking support (LAN, WAN, VPN)
Desired skills but not necessary
- Sage 1000/SQL
What you’ll need
- At least 2 years’ experience in an IT role, industry specific qualifications are an absolute minimum.
- A keen interest in computing technology and a desire to learn and implement new innovative ideas.
- Good networking knowledge and skills.
- The ability to work independently and have a passion for ensuring that a job is well done.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
25 days holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays)
Employee pension scheme
Healthcare cash plan
Job Type: Full-time
Please send a current CV and covering letter detailing suitability for the role to:
- Minimum 5 years industry experience.
- Good understanding of project management.
- 3D CAD software, Autodesk Inventor & Vault or similar package.
- Producing engineering drawings
- Sheet metal fabrication (CNC)
- Design for manufacture
- Electrical knowledge (BS EN 60335, LVD etc.)
- Business Management Software (ERP)
- Lean principles
Working alongside a multi-disciplined team, undertaking electrical/mechanical product design activities for new & existing products.
Supporting the production and manufacturing areas within the business
Forming part of the product design team to manage New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Coordinate and manage projects
- Provide updates at team meetings
- Producing and updating BoM’s for manufacturing and costs.
- Maintenance of Engineering Changes
A team player, appreciative of maintaining a positive workplace culture.
A multi-disciplined engineer with a pro-active and disciplined approach to work.